Monday, November 2, 2015

#AtlantisHalloween2015

Yesterday I returned from one of the craziest vacays of my life! We danced, drank, partied, and lived hunty...from The City of Angels to Puerto Vallarta and back!

I could go on and on about the experiences we had...the costumes and multiple parties thrown...the love and new friendships formed...and even the debauchery. Instead, I will only say this and leave the rest of the story for my photos to tell:

I really learned a lot about myself and the gay community this week. Not having mobile phone access for seven days meant removing the vail of digital technology and embracing face-to-face communication once again like we were kicking it back to '97. 

Something I have always prided myself in is being able to talk to a dead wall or stump: Blarney Stone kisser here. But I have never been courageous enough to talk to men I am attracted to. Despite my affinity for boldness in fashion and opinions, I have never been that confident of a guy in my own self and manhood. I have always been odd and different than the "norm" and I know it. 

For one of the first times in my life, I realized my differences are what make me. My differences are my beauty. I haven't ever been the stereotypical gay guy, and I never will be. But that's ok. Many many people on board that ship reminded me of who I am, what I stand for, my uniqueness, and my inner beauty. I couldn't have asked for a better support team filled with love coming from a place of love and joy. When we can figure out our differences we can conquer anything. We as humans have a lot to work on. And putting our phones down to really once again engage with one another is that first step--sorry Steve Jobs.

Halloween has always been my favourite holiday. This one was most certainly one of the best. Thank you to everyone whom I met and everyone who helped make my holiday with Atlantis supreme.

In the words of Adelle: Hello from Atlantis cruise!