Monday, June 17, 2013

Did you ever stop to think if you were on the right path with life? Just today a friend announced on Facebook that he has gotten engaged. I'm very happy for him and all, but I gotta ask: What about me? I've been single for 6 years if you don't count the random guys I've dated for a month or two, here and there in that time. I've been on dates, been set up, and even been online: to no avail. I know exactly what and whom I want and I feel I'm ready for it. I've grown into the person I want to be, spiritually, and now want to share this life with someone. A friend said she read somewhere that 65% of all soul mates are somebody you already know. Does this mean I have already met my "Mr. Right" and he is lurking somewhere amongst my friends lists? Or does this mean that I fall in the 35% of those wanderlusting?! Until I figure it out, I think it's time to stop looking and start living more. Its time to delete the websites and dating apps. Time to engage in conversation more and put myself in situations that will allow me to challenge myself and evolve. Time to grow up and realize that the more I look doesn't necessarily mean I will find what I'm looking for. Sometimes, life finds you.