Sunday, October 12, 2014

Frenergy

Je ne sais quoi.

The dictionary defines this as an intangible quality that makes something distinctive or attractive. People say Paris has a certain Je ne sais quoi about it. But is the electricity in Paris really something so indescribable? I affectionately refer to the Parisian experience and the spirituality of the city as Frenergy (French Energy).



Maybe it's just that I've always been especially attuned to the movement of the universe all around me. Or maybe I'm just deeply in love with the French Capital. But I think anyone can admit that there truly is something in the air when it comes to the city of lights. 





The food, the fashion, and the foolery--all rolled up into one extravagantly lavish and sexy city. Could the tearful exchange I had with God at Sacre Couer be attributed to just a reflection moment in a spiritual place or is my heart filled with joy and a flutter everywhere I go and with everything I do in Paris simply because I suffer from being stuck in a one-sided relationship with the chicest metropolis in the world?





Still, there is something to be said about the experiences here. This is not la Dolce Vida- this is c'est la vie! Did I hardly avoid arrest by prancing around in nothing but my panties at the Eiffel? Did I really meet strangers on the street who bought me drinks and actually wanted to be friends? Did I really accomplish everything I wanted to do and still have time to dance the entire night? Lastly, did Paris really serve itself on a platter for my heart to devour like a gorgeous street side crepe?


Everyone knows the Paris we see in films. The gas lamps reflecting their lights off the Seine like fairies spreading enchantment through the night. The accordion player on the bridge to Ile Saint Louis. The artists on the left bank.   Fashionistas of St. Germain Des Pres. The stunning architectural beauty of marble buildings and thousand-year-old, tree-lined streets. Two kisses on either cheek to compliment the kiss you left at Oscar Wilde's grave.




No matter where you look, you are surrounded by beautiful Frenergy. What I have found on this trip--just like my last bonne voyage de France--is that there really is no exact way that silly words and letters can begin to relate to the world all that Paris encompasses. It is simply something that absolutely must be experienced in person to even begin to comprehend that a place as magical as Paris even exists.



Maybe the best way--non, le easiest way to describe the enchantment and Frenergy is to just simply say that Paris is completely and perfectly j'adoreable.




#frenergy