Thursday, July 25, 2013

Just when you thought it was safe to date in L.A. ...



Just when you thought it was safe to date in L.A......

Wait. Have I ever thought dating was healthy in Los Angeles? No.

Safe? Fuck no.

LALALAnd has long been a place where its citizens tend to be always looking over their shoulders at the greener grass on the other side of the fence.

For me, love in Los Angeles has been, in the recent words of the new Pet Shop Boys CD, a Bourgeois construct. Only the advanced, upper class folk of my town seem to be in the actual relationships that last. Only the most beautiful members of my town attract the pretty ones first. So where does that leave the other 97% of us?

No I'm not asking for us to Occupy L.A. romantically. (Whatever the fuck that means)

I'm asking for us...me...to take a leap of faith and get back into the game of love!

I'm freshly back from Europe with new ideals and ideas about life and love and the human spirit. Maybe having countless amount of people in Berlin and Prague show their complete compassion and love for me as a human/stranger has led me to now become a changed man. I'm now more open to actually believing that all people are really good inside. More open to the idea of meeting somebody to stand still with for a while.

Either way, one of the biggest lessons I brought back to LA is to be more open to possibilities. Life is short. Maybe dating in LA isn't that easy. Maybe I will have to kiss a lot of frogs to obtain my prince....

But isn't that what life is all about? Trial and error?

I'm dating again, Los Angeles. And this time with a more open heart and mind... Are you ready for this jelly?