Monday, August 12, 2013

Life is no Game of Thrones


So I've been addicted to Game of Thrones as of late.

One thing I have gathered from this show is this:

Fuck, I would not have wanted to live back in Medieval times!

I mean, what the hell would you really have to look forward to? Wars, famine, or plagues? Being taken as a slave? Being raped and murdered or forced into a life you didn't choose for yourself?

I mean, crossing the street or doing something as remedial as venturing into the woods could get you killed!

A lot of bloodshed, gore, and little hope for happiness- other than getting your dick off- seemed to be daily life for people. I know that Game of Thrones is fictional, but I gotta believe all the jousting, fighting, bleeding, whoring, and mischief went on back then similarly as it is portrayed on the show. Probably worse.

Who knows how bad life could have gotten for us gays?

...I couldn't imagine what it would have been like to've lived back then!

Nowadays, a difficult aspect of life is dealing with a shitty boss or looking for work. Having a head cold or trying to lose weight. Just barely trying to survive is hardly a construct of life as we know it, especially not in the U.S.

Yes, there are still wars, famine, whoring, raping, etc going on, but at least it's not such a daily aspect of our lives that our children have to bare witness to it all on the daily.

Unless their parents let them watch youtube or Game of Thrones....