Monday, August 19, 2013

Never Get Burned Tanning Again!

I love me some sunshine!

Some of that vitamin D deliciousness always puts a smile on my face and a dark shade on my body. (Which complements my stunning blue eyes!)

I love the sun, but you gotta know how to protect yourself. Here's what I do and how I haven't had a bad sunburn in 10 years!

1. Don't go out at high noon- wait until later or don't drink so much the night before so you can lay out in the morning!

2. Wear sunscreen! Sounds like I'm stating the obvious, but you don't have to go overboard with SPF 1000. A good 15-30 will suffice. This is mostly to prevent premature wrinkling so you don't look like an old bitch or petrified mummy by 40.

4. Drink lots of water before, after, and while laying out.

3. Set an alarm on your phone so you don't fall asleep and wake up Kentucky Fried Chicken

4. Shower immediately after laying out. In fact, swim while laying out. Then shower at least 2 times after tanning before you go to bed that night.

5. Drink more water.

6. Moisturize moisturize moisturize! Use as much lotion or moisturizer as you want. As many times as you want. you want to feel like the Gulf of Mexico after a British Petroleum oil spill! So greasy you could float!

Aloe is natural, amazing, and can be free if you grow it! Either way, hydrate the fuck outta your skin like Katrina on N'Orleans!

7. Get plenty of sleep!

8. Drink more water!

My secret is simple: the more you maximize absolute hydration back to your skin cells, you are replenishing them with nutrients lost/depleted by the sun.

Attack those cells and let 'em know you mean business! You are not gonna get a sunburn!