Friday, May 30, 2014

Everything has a rhythm

Hello dear readers-

I'm sorry it has been a while. A lot has gone down in my life recently, dear readers.

I really must think of something to call you guys. Anne Rice has her "People of the Page". Kylie has her "Lovers". Coco Peru has her "Coco Puffs". Poppy Fields has her "Pop Tarts".

Maybe I'll just start referring to you- my darling, dearly devoted audience- as Luvers. 

Because that's what you are to me: my loves and the reason why I keep this blog going. I'm still so very grateful that I've been able to share my voice with each and every one of you. It's coming up on a year and nearly 20K views on my blog, and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for this and my books.

In Koelen's world things are just beginning to calm down. A lot of exciting highs and very low lows have surrounded me these last few weeks. 

I've been working like a prossie in heat trying to save up and take my mama to Paris in the fall. As she is a larger woman, we will need three seats, not just two, and that means dropping money for three tickets. Not cheap- but oh so worth the memories. I've dreamt of returning to Paris since I lived there and have envisioned for years taking my mom to France.

We saw marriage victories in both Oregon and Pennsylvania in the last few weeks with equality prevailing as neither state will be challenging their respective judge's rulings.

Two days ago we saw the fall of Maya Angelou. She was such an inspiration and hero to me as a writer and civil rights activist. I'm deeply saddened by the loss of Maya and plan on revisiting her works for my own personal advancement. If you've never read Maya Angelou, you must step away from your computers and iPhones this second and go read her. My favourite quote:

"Everything in the universe has a rhythm. Everything dances."

In other news, I'm just going through personal changes and drama with people I thought respected me better than to treat me the way that I have been treated. It's been hard dealing with some recent betrayals and just overall lack of consideration of me and my feelings. Respect is the single biggest factor to me in a friendship/ relationship and a deal breaker if it isn't present. We should all know by now how you should treat a person and that involves sometimes putting other's emotions and needs over your own. Some people just don't see it that way.

What I find upsetting is the realization that I might end up being very isolated later in life. I've had many friends come and go and many family members come and go. It's true that these people always meander their way back into my life. But the question is:

How long will I be willing to put up with it all?

Maya Angelou was famous for saying:

"If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

Sounds like great advice.