Monday, September 1, 2014

Big Easy Crescent City




What happens in New Orleans is never mentioned again. And for good reason. This city walks a narrow tightrope between being a quaint, distinctively American river city and being a hedonist paradise for total shit shostocy.




I find NOLA to be big and anything but easy. However America has a lot to learn from the Crescent City:



Staying open 24 hours and being the only real deal city left in America with any simulation to Berlin doesn't kill anyone. Serving alcohol 24 hours doesn't either. In fact, it brings in a shit ton of money to the community and economy. And finally, being able to carry your drink in the street and from pub to pub makes for a much more relaxed atmosphere and therefore I'm more likely to stay and make a purchase. 

There's a lot to be said about this Las Vegas of the South. And a lot to cherish for yourself. My last night here, I met and fell in love with someone in the way that I re-met and fell in love with the Crescent City. Will we meet again? Will our paths cross at a later date? Be still my heart, New Orleans- I'll be back again!