Monday, September 15, 2014

Manscaping

Manscaping


Years ago when singing in the gay men's chorus, it was suddenly brought to my attention that some men shave their balls, some men wax, and some men clipper their bushes like Edward Scissorhands in a snowstorm. After a failed shave attempt in high school that left my cut-up scrotum looking like the aftermath of a battlefield, I joined the ranks of those that clip.



However, toying with the titulating topic of trim-age made me realize that all homo sapiens must have a method to their madness of keepin' it tidy 'tween the legs. Personally I just don't like the feeling of razor burn. I also have big, German legs that often run together when I walk. I can't be feeling like I've got fire crotch before I've even left the house.
So I use clippers to keep everything ship-shape and tidy. I realized the value long ago of keeping your pubes at bay so your wang chung can look even bigger--as if your pubic hair were the shrubbery surrounding a famous landmark.



Let's face it, some guys like hair and others don't. Some guys like a bald pussy. Some guys like lumberjack, hairy-bear realness. Luckily for mich, my Northern-Euro genes blessed me with blond-reddish body hair, so trimming my hedges does wonders.



As for others, I know several of you have other methods. I'm sure some still sport what I like to call the Rafiki--you haven't cut down the trees in your jungle since Simba was a cub. Others are smoother than Mount Baldy on a clear day.



I love seeing or hearing about someone imploring all the methods in manscapage in one sitting: 

Comedic writer, playwright, and author Del Shores takes the Rape-and-Pillage-My-Village approach of using razors, scissors, and clippers.



Either way gents, do us all a favor: continue being YOU! That's what makes you unique. But keep the hair at bay. Even just a lil.