Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Therapy 4

Due to scheduling conflicts, my counselor and I had to cancel last week, so even though this is week 5, it is only sesh #4.

I'm slowly realizing through the course of the last few weeks of talking out my problems that I may not love myself as much as I thought. I am often letting people into my life who do not care about me or who do not respect me for the friend that I am to them. I have this pattern of having friends that end up abandoning me in the end.

My therapist asked me why I thought that I kept choosing the same friend types over and over again. I still don't know the answer to that one. Why do I keep letting people in who don't want to give me the time and effort I give them? Is it some type of self degrading thing I do to myself? Am I a gluten for punishment?

I was once told that every good story has a solid beginning, middle, and end. Well, this story doesn't have an end yet because I still haven't totally figured it out...

But what I will say is this: Find people in your life who value you for you. Learn to appreciate yourself and love yourself in the way I am re-learning to appreciate myself and love myself for who I AM, not somebody who someone out there wants me to be!