Thursday, September 5, 2013

Music is my hot hot SEX


Sorry I haven't written in a minute kids. I have been emotionally and mentally under the weather and have been feeling quite lost these days.

I've lived in LA off and on 10 years now and still am trying to find the friend group/support system that I have always wanted. It's very easy to get down and feel lonely in the city of Angels because everyone is too busy for anybody unless they feel like they are getting something out of the situation.

Today I saw Katy Perry's new video for her single "Roar" and highly enjoyed it. I may not really like her music that much or respect her that much, but I highly value pop stars that put so much emphasis in self empowerment.

Hence why I love Kylie Minogue so much. Kylie's music is what one friend called "bubble gum pop". If that means music you can feel good about and dance to at any point in the day to lift your spirits, then maybe it is bubble gum pop.


Her music is more than that to me though: it is also self-empowering. She never sings about hardships or political stuff: it's always "Get outta my way" because "I Believe in you". "Can't get you outta my head" because you're "spinning around" so much you're making "all the lovers" feel like they are living with a "fever" or traveling "light years" through space.

I'm a writer and lyricist, so wordplay is very important to me. With lyrics like:

"Can you hear me? I'm connecting with you can you feel me? I'd do anything to have you near me. I was wondering: will you reach me?"

"Put your hands up if you feel in love!"

"It won't be long now: BREATHE!"

"It's not the end of the world. It's just the start of me and you!"

"Skip a beat and move with my body. SLOW"

"Push me to the brim, and you fill me to the brink. I can't function. I CAN'T THINK!"
or: "The way I feel about you's too much!"

"I don't believe you know me, although you know my name. I don't believe the thoughts I have are only mine to blame." or even "The joker's always smiling in every hand that's dealt, I don't believe that when you die your presence isn't felt."

"Every heartbeat, babe, is the soundtrack to your life!"

Or:

"And everything went from wrong to right. The stars came out and filled up the sky. The music you were playin' really blew my mind. It was love at first sight!"


Kylie's always singing about love and it's endless possibilities. Maybe that's why I love her: she makes me feel like finding love is an inevitability rather than something only left to select people. Either way, Kyle's music has always had my heart.

Love you, Kylie Minogue, and I hope you make records until you are 80!!!


Music has always held my heart. I have been so down these last few days and the music in my life is what keeps me ticking. It is very safe to say that without music, I wouldn't be here right now.