Sunday, November 24, 2013

Eat. Gay. Love. A Roman Romance



Writing this from Moscow airport en route back to LA from Rome via Barcelona.

What can I say about Rome?



Such a beautiful city with beautiful, beautiful men! It's like a Gyllenhaulian wonderland with all the dark haired, light eyed hotties running around like Michaelangelo's David in heat.


It may have rained the whole time, but David, Derek, and myself had a bloody blast conquering Italia's capital city.



We saw more sights than I possibly could have imagined we would have. From the Pantheon to the Vatican, it really felt like we were on the Angels and Demons tour.








I had thought I would return to Paris and Berlin in the fall of 2014 with my mom, (She doesn't know this yet) but I might have to make the Italian capital a priority when I return.

I loved learning the language even when it was completely daunting. It just sounds so pretty. I had a hard time with some of those vowel mouth movements since I'm more Germanically inclined, but that didn't stop me from soaking it up like a sponge.



I really, truly enjoyed Italy. I had an excellent trip both there and in EspaƱa. It was exactly what I needed: a little 

                 eat.gay.love.







(And yes: these are my favourite shoes that I ruined in the microwave. A small sacrifice to the gods of Roma for an extraordinary trip!):


#wheninRome

#ladolcevida