Sunday, November 17, 2013

Strangers


Last night I met up with an Israeli here in Barcelona that I met on couchsurfing. He wanted to grab drinks so I suggested that we go to another guy I met on couchsurfing, a Spaniard's, house party.

When those two met, they initiated small talk and really only had being gay, couchsurfing, and knowing me for the 20 minutes that each had known me for in common. 

But when the Spaniard asked the Israeli where he worked, the two were startled and shocked to realize they work for the same Israeli company! The Israeli was already even set to go to the Spaniard's office on Monday for a work meeting!!!

Such a crazy small world! So in recap: these two had never met but were obviously meant to. How crazy small the world really must be to think of the odds that the house party I was bringing this Israeli to was being hosted by someone he would end up meeting 2 days later anyway?!

Love it. Reminds me of the fact that two of my high school class mates and I were all in Sydney all within 36 hours of one another! Considering that my high school graduated with 270 people in the middle of Missouri makes my head spin!