Tuesday, November 5, 2013

#onepersonCANmakeadifference


We just won marriage equality in the state of Illinois!!!! #15th state in the Union to pass full marriage equality!

I worked tirelessly for the last 6 months doing everything I could to bring about the passage of this law. From 1700 miles away, I called every representative in Illinois' House. I tweeted everyone of them. Liked them on Facebook. Emailed them. Pleaded with them. Spoke with them directly. I called and called and called. I posted pictures and updates as much as I could. And we won. We just won equality with a 61-54 vote.

So today is a victory for not just me, but all of us. In 2013 it is hard to believe that a single person in America's voice still matters. That a single person can actually make a difference. Well, I worked my ass off and proved exactly that.

Congratulations Illinois and America. This country has now well surpassed more than 1/3 of its citizens living in states with Marriage Equality.

#Illinois #15