Monday, November 18, 2013

Venice, Italy/ Therapy 6

 

What does one say about Venice? City of canals? Magic? Romance? A couple's love theme park? All of which perfectly describe this beautiful city.

I got so tired and lost today that I ended up coming back to my hotel and sleeping until 4 am. Not the best idea I've had, but sometimes you need to just sleep.

And here I lay in bed at 5 am in Italy trying to get back to bed. In therapy last week, one of the things my counselor said was you cannot always control what's going to happen in life and most certainly not the action of others.

Last week was the first time I had mentioned this blog to him and he seemed happy that I started it but also curious as to what I have written. I think I'm defiantly making "progress" with him and my therapy. I am the one who subjected myself to it because I want to heal my wounds and face demons I have stuffed into the back of my mind.

When I returned from Berlin in July, I fell into such a pit of depression that I'm only now digging myself out of. That's kind of what this trip has been about: facing my demons. 

I walked by the area in Barcelona where I was mugged 3 years ago. I wanted to make myself go to a place that so deeply ruined me at the time. 

And it was actually really beautiful because I'm in a new place. I feel like I faced a fear head on. Barcelona is in a new place. And life has gone on.

Italy has been an adventure already. Tomorrow I leave Venice and head to Milan for fashion, fags, and fabulousness in only the truest of Italian form. 

Maybe I'll get in a little retail therapy while I'm at it!