Friday, January 17, 2014

Greetings from Costa Rica!

Happy Friday from the tropics!

I woke up with a big smile on my face this morning- not because I slept well, I might add!

Nope, I've dived right in and was living La Pura Vida within minutes of my arrival. You see, I had a red eye flight from Lost Angeles to San Jose, Costa Rica's capital city. Thanks to the French bitch that kept kicking my seat the entire fucking flight, I got NO sleep and arrived yesterday at 6 in the morning.

I had a few choices: I could have slept in the aeropuerto. I could have slept in the rental car. Or I could get out and conquer San Jose and La Pura Vida by storm!

Which do you think I chose?

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Rarely in life do we remember the nights when we got enough sleep! I took my tired ass and hit the streets of San Jose. What I found was a grimey, Latin American hustle and bustler epicenter. It was hot, it was dirty, it was chaotic. But it was also amazing. Here's a glimpse of San Jose:


Inside Catedral Nacional-




For my brother in law, a true beer champion!

Teatro Nacional-





Cutest faux on a kid ever:




And I conclude with this amazing statue I saw by the national theatre. I was shocked and moved by its beauty!