Saturday, January 25, 2014

Time to Build an Empire



I've done a lot of thinking especially since Costa Rica.

I'm officially announcing my full time retirement from the event industry by the end of 2014. I've been saying for 2 years now that I don't want to be working in this field full time anymore, and I think this will be my 8th and final year working in this industry.

I will of course keep clients and events that I have done annually for years and will work on an event by event by event basis, but I will no longer be counting on the event industry as my main source of income come 2015. I want to start doing what I love to do as my main source of lively hood as soon as possible.

I am a writer. 



Writing and chronicling my life and daily adventures is what I am meant to do with my life. I love making people smile and laugh. I love having a good time and writing about my experiences. It's high time that I dedicate 100% of my professional life to being a writer.



It's time for me to build my empire. 



The construction starts now.