Monday, January 20, 2014

Latin Lover


What happens to the love affairs of Christmas past? 

We've all heard of the one night stand, but what about the love affair that lasts a week while eating, praying, and loving 2000k's below the border?!?

The one week stands we met whilst on holiday in Costa Rica that have now moved on- just the same as you- one year later ?

Love is a tricky thing. I don't think any of us would disagree that most of us aren't necessarily looking for love when we find it. That doesn't mean that it won't find us. 

I wasn't looking for it. Lord knows that living in Los Angeles can take such a tole on our self esteem that we easily forget just how great we are as individuals. To the point that we don't recognize when someone just as extraordinary as ourselves comes into our lives.

I found love in a hopeless Costa Rican place last year when I was here for a week. 

I'll just call him Latin Lover. 

But first, let me tell you something about Latin lovers: 

They have a fire in them. An internal heat that is sexy, curious and eternal. An air about them that gives them this sort of suave, savoir-faire attitude and disposition. Maybe it's the constant tropical heat, maybe it's the intensity and passion they display towards life, or maybe they are just rich with energy. Maybe it's all the above. I'm constantly attracted to Latinos. Maybe it's the fire in me craving to be stoked.

And why is it that all Latinos know how to dance really well? They all know how to move their bodies in such synchronicity and sexuality that I find it exceedingly erotic.

My Latin lover is all of this and more. As I said before, we met nearly a year ago. We stayed in contact, but it waned as time went by. I assumed he probably met another tourist in his coastal paradise of a well-visited village and moved on. But he didn't. I contacted him again a few weeks ago and we have been keeping in touch.

When we returned to Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica a few days ago, Latin Lover and I met for drinks. I had forgotten how cute he is. My heart stopped when I saw him again. He is like a Latin Tom Daley in the face with a smile like gold. I find him to be really handsome.  

And his personality and mine click very well. We have laughed and talked and hung out and had an amazing vacation together the entire time I have been back. We just have a great time together.

I call him Latin Lover because that's how I feel about him: he is a sexy guy that I have really loved getting to know again. I certainly haven't had this good of sex in a long time: Latin Lover isn't just good at moving on the dance floor! 

However, my time with LL is ending: we only have one more day together before that big bird in the sky whisks me away back to Los Angeles: city of my solo dreams.




What the future holds for Latin Lover and myself I cannot say.

But I know that right here, right now,  I'm living la Vida.

 La Pura Vida.