Friday, January 3, 2014

The secret life of Koelen Andrews: Therapy 11


Hello out there from TV land. It's been a few weeks since I have written about my progress in therapy.

(I had off for the holidays as the center was closed.)

I'm slowly learning to accept traits about myself as well as accepting traits of others. And I'm trying to battle my demons and the things that hold me back head on.

Lastly, I gotta get outta my head a bit. I over analyze situations way too much and in turn end up blaming myself for whatever is bothering me because in my head, that's the only reality I see.

 I saw a posting on Facebook that I find to be oh so apropos: 

Remember that everyone is going through their own drama and their own crisis.

I often question why people act the way they do towards me or how people are so easily able to dismiss me, but then I remember the quote above. Most people, frankly, aren't thinking about me at all. They have their own drama and their own lives to worry about.

A few friends of mine and I went and saw the new Ben Stiller flick The Secret Life of Walter Mitty the other day.



Despite not knowing at all what it was about and only being a half-hearted Stiller fan, I really, really enjoyed the film. 

I can totally relate to a character that is always in his own head, gets picked on for being different, and is always living in his own world.

I'm sure we all have a Mitty side to us all: daydreaming and wishing for more out of our lives.

My lesson this week is to get out of my Mitty/Andrewsian world and start living out the fantasies I want to come true.

Self manifestation is really the best way to realize and achieve your dreams.

No day like today to start.