Monday, January 6, 2014

random aMUSEingS

People often ask me "what do you write on your blog?" My friend Louie's friend Jake asked the same thing of me on Friday night: "How do you find stuff to write about on your blog?"

Luckily for me, I'm a creative mother fucker that could talk to a dead, decaying piece of old wood, if I had to. Remember the movie Castaway? Well I would have me a Wilson, a Donna, a Sam, a Frank, a Sergio, Shanteekwa, and Larry...even if they were all just made out of coconuts, I'd have an ARMY of made up minions for me to talk to and hang out with!!!

My mother would say, as the Irish do, that I kissed the Blarney Stone not once- but twice. Meaning I rarely, if ever, have a problem talking with people, being social, and making new friends.

An online journal or blog is a completely different story.

Sometimes I struggle with wanting to be relevant on this blog or wanting to keep up with contemporary issues. But then I remember one thing: this blog is mine. This is my diary: written for me to the public. My online musings, so to speak.

On a Monday after a long weekend, I have lots to write about:

*Starting with this hellacious winter storm that has blanketed all of America pretty much but Los Angeles. It makes me wonder about Fukushima and if the fallout from that Nuclear Plant's meltdown has anything to do with the worst storm North America has seen in decades...



Here is an article in the Salem news reinforcing the fact that the US is receiving the blunt of the fall out and our storms are related to the Fukushima disastor:

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/january052014/nuclear-blast.php

Seems like I'll be going to the pharmacy to pick up some Iodine!


*In other news, the Supreme Court of the US has halted lgbt marriages in the state of Utah today. Hopefully this means that they will take up the case, but we mightn't have any advancement in the proceedings of this until February-March. :(




*I never did hear back from Andrew Christian about the blogging position.



I'm not bitter though: I still love his undies and will continue trying to find a professional writing job. Though I would love to continue working for myself. Anyone have any leads?!?


*My long lost brother David returns to the states after a 5 year hiatus in China!



*Finally in 9 days I make the return to my favourite vacation spot: Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica!

For those that have never been to the land of La Pura Vida, I recommend you venture there! Costa Rica is a little piece of heaven and one of the most liberal countries on earth! Costa Rica ranks #1 as most environmentally friendly/green country on earth. Costa Rica has no army and has the oldest democracy in the Western Hemisphere next to the U.S. It's female president, Laura Chinchilla- a devout Catholic- has sworn to not only uphold lgbt marriage equality, but also has been a champion for women's rights and contraception.


So I leave on January 15th for a week and have a free place to stay if anyone feels like dropping the $350-$400 on a roundtrip plane ticket to Costa Rica!

Who's with me?!?