Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013: My year in review

2013 has been a roller coaster of a year.

Many highs, many lows.

For me, 2013 was def a year of travel and conquest.

In January, I finished my book of short stories.



In February, it was off to our favourite vacay desty: COSTA RICA! La pura vida!!!



In April, I had a Summer of Love/ Haight Ashbury birthday party to ring in my 31 years on this earth!



In June, I watched with tears in my eyes as sec. 5 of DOMA fell and California's Proposition 8 was finally, after 5 years, defeated.




I also kickstarted this Blog!

Two weeks later, I was off on another European adventure just as the UK legalized Marriage Equality!



Berlin for my second time and Prague for my first proved to be a crazy two weeks in Europa!





When I returned, I got news that would change my life forever.



In August, it was off to Florida to meet up with my mom and sister for my cousin's wedding!



September was work work work until Danny and I ventured up to San Francisco for Folsom!



October is my mostest favouritest month of the year and I celebrated in style with friends as Macklemore:



November would see me visit 4 countries: Russian Federation, Spain, Italy, and Vatican City.



November also saw Marriage Equality pass in Illinois, a victory that I feel proud to say I was a part of. By the end of 2013, 18 US states now have marriage equality. 40% of our country now live in states where marriage equality is legal.



December has proven to be low key, though I have made final edits for my book and it will be ready to send out to publishers at the beginning of the new year.

My mom came out to visit me for Christmas, I started a serial on my blog of my short story STUDY ABROAD, and worked my tushy off!



Anways, this was just a little look at some of the crazy adventures I got into in 2013. It's always good to reflect on your past year so you can move forward into the new year wiser, stronger, and better. It was a year of extreme highs and lows.



Have a safe and happy New Year's Eve to all my family and friends around the world.

Here's to an absolutely fabulous 2014!