Wednesday, December 25, 2013

all alone on christmas



At the end of it all, I guess I still really hate Christmas.

There are always so many expectations. So many wishes. 

I just got into a fight with my mom over how she'd take my brother's Christmas presents to him. She wanted them separated all over her suitcase. I wanted to quit fighting. But she wouldn't let up. 

I tried to ignore her and got on my phone. 

"Oh that's right: go on your blog and vilify me to all your friends," she said.

So I've now left my house and am on foot as I type this: all alone on Christmas.

 I need a break from my mom, a break from our childish fight, and a break from all this self emposed, Christmas-expectation crap.

I love the meal, love the family, love the get togethers, and love the joy, but I hate the internal feeling of loneliness that really comes to light around the holiday season with me.

I don't have a need to vilify anything or anyone to anybody on this blog. This is my baby and I intend to stay honest, pure, raw, and real with myself and with you, the reader.

What does one do when one has had just enough of Christmas?

Talk a walk, breath in some fresh air, realize you'll always love your mom, and deal with the fact that Christmas is almost over.

XOXO 

The Grynch that Christmas Stole